NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
As you may have heard Rori from Between my Sheets has sadly and unexpectedly had to retire her blog due to ill-health. When I very started my own blog hers was one of the first ones that became a regular read of mine and over the years has continued to be so. Not only did she write great content but she was also the creator of the Top 100 Sex Blogs list which she compiled for a total of 7 years. I am very sad to see the end, for now at least, of her blog and her presence within our community.
I have always been a huge supporter of her list. I am aware it is not without controversy over the years but she always managed it with grace, honesty and intelligence, as a result it was well-respected and for me, one of the key moments in the annual blogging calendar. It has been much mimicked over the years but never, in my opinion matched. I truly believe that this list is of huge value within our community. It helps to recognise some of the best sex bloggers around and also allowed someone like Rori, who was without doubt hugely successful to share some of her ‘traffic juice’ with lesser known but not lesser valued voices and give her readers access to other great reads. You can see a complete list of all the blogs that ever featured on the list over the years on Rori’s site: Top 100 Sex Bloggers
When I saw that Rori was retiring from her site I contacted her about the list and asked her if she would be OK with me taking over and putting together a, belated, Top 100 for 2015. It just feels wrong to ignore a whole year. The message I got back was a definite yes and so (and I know I must be crazy to take on another project but I totally believe this is one worth doing for the whole community), I am going to put together the list for 2015. I will endeavour to do Rori’s list justice and will be following her rules, guidelines and previous winners list.* see below for further details. This list is not instead of my 20 of list that I have been doing, nor is it the same. That list is my personal top reads, this list is going to be fed by your suggestions. One does not negate the other and as such as I will be continuing to make my own (20 of) personal reading list each year.
I am going to create a spread sheet, sexy stuff I know, and each blog nominated will be marked on 4 different areas (10 possible marks in each) resulting in a score out of 40 based on the following areas. We will then average out those scores with any ties will being judged by us. This is not a small task and so just to be clear @domsigns will be helping me with this process.
- Blog Design – Is it pleasing to the eye, is it easy to find content, is it mobile responsive, is social media information easy to find, is the actual text easy to read?
- Content – Quality of content. Is it original, interesting, innovative, sexy, inspiring etc? If the images are not created by the blog author are they being used ethically, as in full credits for where an image is sourced from provided? Quantity of content, see the rules below.
- About Me – Is it easy to find out information about the author of the site that gives a new reader some insight into who or what the site is about. These don’t have to be personal details as such but some sort of introduction to the blog that helps create context for the content.
- My Personal Score – Rori’s list was always based on what SHE liked and there is no way round this but for me to do the same. If you knock my knickers off then you are going to do well and it is as simple as that.
The Rules (taken directly from Rori’s site)
- If you are a sex blogger… no nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social followers so they can nominate you.
- Each nomination should include the blog url, not just a name
- Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica, sex education, sex news, sexy images, etc. Nothing illegal, obviously. (Read this post to decide if a blog is eligible based on content.)
- The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
- The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least Jan. 1, 2015 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
- You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit to your very favorites.
- The blog must be active, which means that the blogger posts at least once every few weeks. When I judge, any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- Blogs that previously won the #1 spot have been retired (see the list below).
Previous winner on the list are: Sinclair SexSmith (2008) Coquitten (blog no longer available. 2009) (No #1 winner in 2010) Guy New York (2011) Molly’s Daily Kiss (2012) Lady Pandorah (Blog no longer open. 2013) Girl on the Net (2014) PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THESE PREVIOUS WINNERS.
I know that Rori has already asked for nominations on her post back in October but to make it as fair as possible I am going to start that process all over again as I do not have access to any nominations that were made via email.
I know a lot of blogs but I do not know everyone and I am relying on your to help me get to know many more. Nominations are now open. You make your nominations in the comments below or you can email them directly to me [email protected] Please mark the subject line with ‘2015 Nominations’. Please feel free to return and make as many nominations as you wish. Nominations will run until the 1st of February which should give people plenty of time. That will give me February to do my February Photofest and get all the reading done for this. I will aim to publish in the 1st week in March.
One final thought before you go though. I am sure there will be people who questions my motivations for doing this but if that is the case then you clearly do not know me very well. I have always and will always do everything in my power to encourage, develop and support the sex blogging community. I believe this list does exactly that. Yes it is subjective. There really is no other way to do it without turning it into a voting contest which then opens it up to being dominated by the blogs with higher followers/readership and or those happy to pump their followers for votes. That doesn’t necessarily reflect the best of the blogs only those with the best reach. That seems counter productive to the very ideals of a list. So, if you have problems with me doing a list, as Rori always used to say, please do feel free to do your own. After all this will be my list, made in the spirit of Rori’s but mine nevertheless.
Right, let’s get this show on the road. Time for you all to start nominating your favourites!
PS. Once you have done your nominations please head over to this post to read an update on the rules and vote on the poll to help me to decide how best to lay the list out. Top 100 Sex Blogs 2015 Update & Poll
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Show Comments (91)