Yes it really is that time of year again to begin work on the 2018 version of the list.
Let’s start by introducing this years sponsors of the list and I am so happy to say that Chaturbate who sponsored last year jumped at the chance to do again and I really can’t say how grateful I am for their continued support with this project.Chaturbate is the worlds most popular web-cam where you can chat for free. You’ll find thousands of broadcasters live on cam and ready to play, every time you visit. You don’t even have to enter your email or credit card to meet someone to share your sexy fantasies.
From the very first contact with Chaturbate back in the summer of 2017 they have been totally on board with the aims of the list and enthusiastic about supporting the sex blogging community as a whole and so I was thrilled when they agreed to sponsor again this year. Please do take a few moments to go and check them out and enjoy their fabulous site because their support really does make all the difference to the amount of time I can dedicate to this project.
Please read all the details below carefully before making your nominations!
What is the score?
Please read this post, The Transparency Report, which covers in great detail how the list is made including lots of details about the scoring system and what things I look for on each blog.
New Voice of the Year
This award goes to two blogs that are new this year and therefore have not been around long enough to qualify for the Top Sex Bloggers list but who have caught my eye as being interesting and exciting and ones to look out for in the future. Please include a New Voice Blog in your nominations if you wish.
The Rules of the Game…
I have created a permanent page on my site for the rules, any updates or amendments will be published here but as this is the nominations posts I am putting them here also. PLEASE make sure you READ them before making your nominations!
- If you are a sex blogger, no nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social media followers so they can nominate you.
- Each nomination MUST include the blog url, not just a name
- The number of nominations any blog gets is not relevant to the outcome of the list. So those with 1 nomination and those with 20 are all considered for the list on an equal footing. Although I do record the numbers down and in the event of a tiebreak between two blogs for a place on the list number of nominations might be taken into account.
- Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica/fiction, sex education, sex news, dating, reviews, photography, confessionals, non fiction, personal life accounts etc. Nothing illegal, obviously.
- Is your content sex positive? – This actually got a couple of blogs removed from the list last year. If, for example, you are writing posts that are essentially pick up artist tips, misogynistic, racist, sexiest, etc or promoting unsafe practices for example vaginal douching or ‘surprise’ anal sex I am not going to include you on the list.
- If you are linking to such sites or publishing content that is sponsored by sites that I deem to be problematic, (examples listed in the previous point) you will not qualify for the list.
- The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
- The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least November 1st, 2017 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else as long as that content is still available to view.
- You can nominate as many bloggers as you like.
- The blog must have a minimum of 24 posts published between 1st Nov 2017 – 31st Oct 2018. Any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- Tumblr style blogs that are purely reposting other people’s content are not eligible for the list.
- Commercial magazine style sites are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs attached to commercial shops are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs that previously won the #1 spot have been retired (see the list below).
Previous winner on the list are: Sinclair SexSmith (2008) Coquitten (blog no longer available. 2009) (No #1 winner in 2010) Guy New York (2011) Molly’s Daily Kiss (2012) Lady Pandorah (Blog no longer open. 2013) Girl on the Net (2014) A Dissolute Life Means (2015) Domme Chronicles (2016) Kayla Lords (2017)
PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THESE PREVIOUS WINNERS
These are the current rules as of 1st October 2018. We reserve the right to amend, adapt, change or suspend the rules at our discretion but any changes will be issued in writing on this site.
I know a lot of blogs but I do not know everyone and I am relying on you to help me get to know many more. Nominations are now open. You make your nominations in the comments below or you can email them directly to me [email protected] Please mark the subject line with ‘2018 Nominations’. Please feel free to return and make as many nominations as you wish. Nominations will run until the 1st of November 2018 which should give people plenty of time. That will give me November to do all the reading etc with the aim of publishing the list in the first week of December 2018.
I think that just about covers it, now it is over to you for the nominations!
NOMINATIONS FOR THIS YEARS LIST ARE NOW CLOSED
Show Comments (133)