Yes it really is time to start the 2017 version of the list!
So let’s get started with the exciting news of this years sponsors of the list.
This year the list will be sponsored by the wonderful Chaturbate.
Chaturbate is the worlds most popular web-cam where you can chat for free. You’ll find thousands of broadcasters live on cam and ready to play, every time you visit. You don’t even have to enter your email or credit card to meet someone to share your sexy fantasies.
Having a sponsor for the list helps me to be able to afford to give the list the proper time and attention it deserves. I believe that the list is a valuable project within the sex blogging community. It helps to recognise some of the best sex bloggers around and also allows a more established blogger like myself to share some of our ‘traffic juice’ with lesser known but not lesser valued voices. In addition it is also a great resource for people looking for great sex blogs to read. From the very first contact with Chaturbate they have been totally on board with the aims of the list and enthusiastic about supporting the sex blogging community as a whole and so I was thrilled when they agreed to become this years sponsors. Please do take a few moments to go and check them out and enjoy their fabulous site.
Now on with details about this years list
What is the score?
I create a spread sheet, sexy stuff I know, and each blog nominated will be marked on 4 different areas (10 possible marks in each) resulting in a score out of 40 based on the following areas. We will then average out those scores with any ties will being judged by us. This is not a small task and so just to be clear @domsigns will be helping me with this process. This post, The Transparency Report, covers in great detail how the list is made including lots of details about how and what the scores are awarded for but an overview of that is below.
- Blog Design – Is it pleasing to the eye, is it easy to find content, is it mobile responsive, is social media information easy to find, is the actual text easy to read?
- Content – Quality of content. Is it original, interesting, innovative, sexy, inspiring etc? If the images are not created by the blog author are they being used ethically, as in full credits for where an image is sourced from provided? Quantity of content, see the rules below.
- About Me – Is it easy to find out information about the author of the site that gives a new reader some insight into who or what the site is about. You might want to read the post I wrote on this subject especially if you don’t have an about me page or have not updated it since you first started blogging. What about you?
- My Personal Score – Rori’s list was always based on what SHE liked and there is no way round this but for me to do the same. If you knock my knickers off then you are going to do well and it is as simple as that.
New Voice of the Year
This award goes to two blogs that are new this year and therefore have not been around long enough to qualify for the Top Sex Bloggers list but who have caught my eye as being interesting and exciting and ones to look out for in the future. You are welcome to include a New Voice Blog in your nominations if you wish.
The Rules of the Game…
I have created a permanent page on my site for the rules, any updates or amendments will be published here but as this is the nominations posts I am putting them here also. PLEASE make sure you READ them before making your nominations!
- If you are a sex blogger, no nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social media followers so they can nominate you.
- Each nomination MUST include the blog url, not just a name
- The number of nominations any blog gets is not relevant to the outcome of the list. So those with 1 nomination and those with 20 are all considered for the list on an equal footing. Although I do record the numbers down and in the event of a tiebreak between two blogs for a place on the list number of nominations might be taken into account.
- Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica/fiction, sex education, sex news, dating, reviews, photography, confessionals, non fiction, personal life accounts etc. Nothing illegal, obviously.
- The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password.
- The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least November 1st, 2016 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else.
- You can nominate as many bloggers as you like, but please try to limit it to your very favorites.
- The blog must have a minimum of 24 posts published between 1st Nov 2016 – 31st Oct 2017. Any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- Tumblr style blogs that are purely reposting other people’s content are not eligible for the list.
- Commercial magazine style sites are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs attached to commercial shops are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs that previously won the #1 spot have been retired (see the list below).
Previous winner on the list are: Sinclair SexSmith (2008) Coquitten (blog no longer available. 2009) (No #1 winner in 2010) Guy New York (2011) Molly’s Daily Kiss (2012) Lady Pandorah (Blog no longer open. 2013) Girl on the Net (2014) A Dissolute Life Means (2015) Domme Chronicles (2016)
PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THESE PREVIOUS WINNERS
These are the current rules as of 1st October 2017. We reserve the right to amend, adapt, change or suspend the rules at our discretion but any changes will be issued in writing on this site.
I know a lot of blogs but I do not know everyone and I am relying on you to help me get to know many more. Nominations are now open. You make your nominations in the comments below or you can email them directly to me [email protected] Please mark the subject line with ‘2017 Nominations’. Please feel free to return and make as many nominations as you wish. Nominations will run until the 1st of November 2017 which should give people plenty of time. That will give me November to do all the reading etc with the aim of publishing the list in the first week of December 2017.
I think that just about covers it, now it is over to you for the nominations!
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS
Show Comments (72)