Right well, here we go again. Welcome to the Top 100 Sex Blogs 2020 – Nominations – Another year, another top 100 list and another chance to nominate your favourite sex bloggers.
Let’s kick things off by introducing the sponsors of this years list and I am so happy to say that Chaturbate who have sponsored in 2017, 2018 AND 2019 are back again this year!
Chaturbate is the worlds most popular web-cam where you can chat for free. You’ll find thousands of broadcasters live on cam and ready to play, every time you visit. You don’t even have to enter your email or credit card to meet someone to share your sexy fantasies.
I truly can’t sing their praises enough when it comes to supporting this project. Right from the summer of 2017 through to this current list they have been totally on board with the aims of the list and enthusiastic about supporting the sex blogging community as a whole. Please do take a few moments to go and check them out and enjoy their fabulous site because their support really does make all the difference to the amount of time I can dedicate to this project but be warned you might find them very distracting.
An important note on trans inclusivity and transphobia
There has been a lot of discussion of trans inclusivity and transphobia within the sex blogging community this year. After some of these discussions I hired a trans inclusivity consultant to look at the Top 100 Sex Blogs and highlight areas where I can do more to be trans inclusive. Trans inclusivity involves acknowledging your privilege, working to unlearn the cissexism that we have been taught all our lives, uplifting trans and non-binary voices, and not writing about sex as though all men have dicks or vice versa. Without this inclusivity you cannot be a sex positive writer. I have implemented the changes that were suggested to me most notably being clear in the rules about sex positive content and also making a slight change to importance of social media in the scoring and bringing in a score for the use of pronouns. (You can find these changes in the Transparency Report linked below)
I can’t police every thing every blogger has done, especially when it comes to social media. I do however try to read as much of peoples content as I can to get a good feel for what they write about and how they write about it but it is not a perfect science. I am one person reading through, last year in excess of 170 blogs, I will invariably make mistakes and potentially miss content that might disqualify someone. (As in the past, if that happens and I discover it, that blog will be removed from the list) When it comes to removing people from past lists, this will only be done if at the time the list was posted their content at that time breaks any of the rules.
Please read all the details below carefully before making your nominations!
What is the score?
Please read this post, The Transparency Report, which covers in great detail how the list is made including lots of details about the scoring system and what things I look for on each blog.
New Voice of the Year
In the past this award has gone to two blogs that are new this year and therefore have not been around long enough to qualify for the Top Sex Bloggers list but who have caught my eye as being interesting and exciting and ones to look out for in the future. However last year there were so many newcomers that there ended up being 7 blogs listed in this category so…
Please include a New Voice Blog in your nominations if you wish.
The Rules of the Game…
I have created a permanent page on my site for the rules, any updates or amendments will be published here but as this is the nominations posts I am putting them here also. PLEASE make sure you READ them before making your nominations!
- If you are a sex blogger, no nominating yourself! I encourage your to tell your readers and social media followers so they can nominate you. You can of course nominate your fellow sex bloggers.
- Each nomination MUST include the blog url, not just a name
- The number of nominations any blog gets is not relevant to the outcome of the list. So those with 1 nomination and those with 20 are all considered for the list on an equal footing. Although I do record the numbers down and in the event of a tiebreak between two blogs for a place on the list the number of nominations might be taken into account.
- Blog content can be anything sex related – erotica/fiction, sex education, sex news, dating, reviews, photography, confessionals, non fiction, personal life accounts etc. Nothing illegal, obviously.
- Podcasts are not eligible for the list and if your blog is essentially your show-notes and embed of your podcast then you are not eligible. Someone needs to do a list for Podcasts!
- Is your content sex positive? In the past blogs have been removed from the list because they do not meet this very important criteria. If you are writing posts that are misogynistic, racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, whorephobic, etc. or are essentially pick up artist tips, then your blog is not sex positive and your blog will not be included on the list. Additionally, if you are promoting unsafe practices like vaginal douching, “surprise” anal sex or anal sex without lube then your blog will not be included on the list.
- If you are linking to such sites or publishing content that is sponsored by sites that I deem to be problematic, (examples listed in the previous point) you will not qualify for the list.
- The blog can’t be protected. It’s ok if a few of the posts are protected, but the entire blog can’t be behind a password or paywall
- The blog should be at least a year old, but anyone who’s been blogging since at least November 1st, 2019 will be considered. Special exceptions will be made for someone who has recently moved to a new blog, but was previously blogging somewhere else as long as that content is still available to view.
- You can nominate as many bloggers as you like.
- The blog must have a minimum of 24 posts published between 1st Nov 2019 – 31st Oct 2020. Any blog with no posts in the last 45 days will be eliminated.
- Tumblr style blogs that are purely reposting other people’s content are not eligible for the list.
- Commercial magazine style sites are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs attached to commercial shops are not eligible for the list.
- Blogs that previously won the #1 spot have been retired (see the list below).
Previous winner on the list are: Sinclair SexSmith (2008) Coquitten (blog no longer available. 2009) (No #1 winner in 2010) Guy New York (2011) Molly’s Daily Kiss (2012) Lady Pandorah (Blog no longer open. 2013) Girl on the Net (2014) A Dissolute Life Means (2015) Domme Chronicles (2016) Kayla Lords (2017) Rebel’s Notes (2018) Floss Does life 2019
PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANY OF THESE PREVIOUS WINNERS
These are the current rules as of 1st October 2020. I reserve the right to amend, adapt, change or suspend the rules at our discretion but any changes will be issued in writing on this site.
I know a lot of blogs but I do not know everyone and I am relying on you to help me get to know many more. Nominations are now open. You make your nominations in the comments below or you can email them directly to me [email protected]. Please mark the subject line with ‘2020 Nominations’. Please feel free to return and make as many nominations as you wish. Nominations will run until the 1st of November 2020 which should give people plenty of time. That will give me November to do all the reading etc with the aim of publishing the list in the first week of December 2020.
I think that just about covers it, now it is over to you for the nominations!