Friday! Here we go…
1. Should I, or shouldn’t I do the A – Z blogging challenge in April? The idea is that you blog every day for the month of April (apart from Sundays, although I would still blog then as it is Sinful Sunday) and post something that is related to each letter of the alphabet. So on the 1st April it is A, 2nd April B and so on for the whole month. I know I did my Christmas Advent and the February PhotoFest but they were both photography based and so I am very tempted to give one as a go too. It feels like a challenge that will inspire me to write more and that is always a good thing and yet I also know it will drive me bonkers. So, you’re the reader here, got an opinion?
2. The current Kink of the Week topic is Corsets. I have yet to write my post but I have started reading through some of the ones already linked in and this one, On Corsets, by Malin James really resonated with me and made me think about the power of certain clothes and accessories in our lives and how they make us feel when we wear them. I also recommend reading through the comments, many of them are mini blog posts in themselves.
3. Topless Tarot with My Daughter by Kendra Holliday really got me thinking about my own daughter and my desire to afford her space and opportunity to learn to love and accept her body as she changes and matures. I am not sure the Tarot part would work for me, yes I am utterly cynical about all that, but I would love to find an opportunity for both of us to experience being naked in a safe space for no other reason than the joy of being naked.
4. He’s Got Her is a piece of poetry by Jade A Waters that she wrote sitting in her car after a night out with a friend, inspired by a conversation they had shared. Regardless of your own experiences with love and relationships I think you will find a beauty in it but for me I found emotions. I found myself holding my breath as I read it and tears prickling my eyes as I got to the last few lines. I waited many years to ‘feel’ what this poem is about and I know I am truly blessed to have found it with @domsigns
5. We can’t finish without a video and this week I have this wonderful piece for you that was filmed on the streets of Delhi, India. In it the makers asked a series of questions about masturbation to young women they encountered on the streets. At the beginning the piece says you will be amazed at the openness with which they respond to the questions and they are right, I was, amazed and delighted to hear these young women talking about this subject in such a matter of fact way.