Yep, it is that time again…..
1. If you live in the UK then this article about the potential for Cameron’s new extreme porn laws criminalise the viewing of kink images should be of interest and for those of your not in the UK then I suggest you read it because there is a strong possibility that this kind of attack on sexual expression will be coming to a country near you very soon. *For those in the UK, please do take the time to write to your MP about this. Tell them why it worried you and include a link to the article if you so wish. Silence is only going to get us more of this kind of stuff. Criminalising kink: Cameron’s porn crusade
2. While we are on the subject of porn check out this really interesting article on Wired that gives a much more balanced view about internet pornography fears. Generation XXX: Why we’re afraid of internet porn
3. Now for a little bit of Sinful Sunday news… Firstly there is a new prompt up for the first Sunday in May; Sinful Sunday Monthly Prompt 6 which is all about the men and secondly I have added a new feature to the round-up. Blast from the Past will pick one image each week from previous Sinful Sunday’s starting with the first one that appeared on when the site moved to its own home way back in Jan 2012.
4. I am a parent of a daughter and today I read this post on Jezebel; The Most Important Thing Teen Girls Should Do But Don’t: Masturbate about daughters and the importance of teaching them that masturbation is not only OK but is actually a good and healthy thing for them to do. I think this is some of the wisest parenting words I have read in a very long time and I shall definitely do my very level best to try to teach my own daughter such a wonderfully positive message about her own body and sexuality.
5. Last one for this post. We have a fabulous new partner on Elust; Juicy Sex Stories, who are currently running an exciting writing competition with a very generous $500 first prize but as the saying goes, you got to in it to win in…. so you best get scribbling away if you want to be in with a chance.